By William E. Scheuerman
Read or Download Carl Schmitt: The End of Law (20th Century Political Thinkers) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
Are liberalism and perfectionism suitable? during this research Steven Wall offers and defends a perfectionist account of political morality that takes factor with many at present trendy liberal principles yet keeps the powerful liberal dedication to the perfect of private autonomy. He starts by way of significantly discussing the main influential model of anti-perfectionist liberalism, interpreting the most arguments which have been provided in its defence.
Wertkonflikte wie der Konflikt um die Regelung des Schwangerschaftsabbruches bilden eine besondere Herausforderung demokratischer Politik. Auf der foundation einer systematischen Rekonstruktion existierender Ansätze und Theorien unterbreitet die vorliegende Arbeit zunächst einen Vorschlag zur Bestimmung der Logik und Dynamik von Wertkonflikten.
Reflections on precept and prudence within the innovations and activities of serious thinkers and statesmen. Discussions of where of ethical precept in political perform are haunted via the summary and deceptive contrast among realism and its numerous principled or “idealist” possible choices. This quantity argues that such discussions has to be recast when it comes to the connection among precept and prudence: as Nathan Tarcov continues, that courting is “not dichotomous yet complementary.
A vintage of twentieth-century suggestion, charting how society devours itself throughout the very rationality that used to be intended to set it freeTheodor Adorno and Max Horkheimer are the major figures of the Frankfurt tuition and this publication is their magnum opus. Dialectic of Enlightenment is likely one of the so much celebrated works of contemporary social philosophy and maintains to provoke in its wide-ranging ambition.
- Christentum und Islam als politische Religionen: Ideenwandel im Spiegel gesellschaftlicher Entwicklungen (Politik und Religion) (German Edition)
- The Political Theory of Tyranny in Singapore and Burma: Aristotle and the Rhetoric of Benevolent Despotism (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- The Politics of Total Liberation: Revolution for the 21st Century (Critical Political Theory and Radical Practice)
- History, Power, Ideology: Central Issues in Marxism and Anthropology
- The Politics and Philosophy of Michael Oakeshott (Routledge Studies in Social and Political Thought)
- Gandhi and Tagore: Politics, truth and conscience
Additional resources for Carl Schmitt: The End of Law (20th Century Political Thinkers)
Carl Schmitt: The End of Law (20th Century Political Thinkers) by William E. Scheuerman